Skip to main content

Is there such a thing as nostalgia overload?

These days, nostalgia is pretty much what’s driving the entertainment business, specifically movies and TV. Former brands and properties are being brought back from the dead in a big way. I’m a 90s kid, and I can’t escape the shows I used to watch as a kid. There’s a movie coming out for Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, they already released a Detective Pikachu movie, Will & Grace is back on TV, All That is coming back to Nickelodeon, and so on. In addition, I can’t escape people’s nostalgia posts on Facebook and other social media.

Is there such a thing as too much nostalgia? I’ve gone through times in my life where I’ve taken deep dives into music or TV from my younger days. But it’s often an emotional response to me not feeling where my life is at. As I get older, nostalgia is nice but I try to live in the moment, in the “now” more often. Do you think people’s gravitation toward nostalgic and familiar entertainment signifies people being dissatisfied with their lives? Or is it not that complex? Either way, the media and entertainment worlds make a lot of money off “what’s old is new again” instead of coming up with new ideas le sigh



Submitted June 18, 2019 at 07:21PM by Jcld1029 http://bit.ly/2KqNjhy

Comments